Recently we’ve been looking at what business travel may look like post COVID-19 and what you can do to plan and prepare. In this post we look at how you can P.R.E.P.A.R.E for business travel with our easy to follow checklist.
- What are the acceptable reasons for travel?
- What are the booking channels?
- What is the approval process?
- What are the new rules?
- What is the procedure for emergencies?
- Consider if travel is permissible
- Mandate Travel Management Company who can:
- Arrange tracking procedures of travellers
- Facilitate your approval process
- Inform of regulatory and safety concerns of destinations
- Provide notifications pre, during and post trip
- Train approvers on new vetting process
- Allow offline bookings so travellers can talk to their TMC for latest information
- List approved suppliers which meet safety requirements, facilitate credit terms, satisfy scheduling demand and offer refundable terms
- Limit advance booking
- Limit cash payment
- Liaise with approved suppliers, risk management and insurers to identify expectations for emergency
- Allow for taxis, car hire, personal car use to limit social contact
- Traveller health check
- Traveller written agreement to travel / indemnity
- Review and update of traveller profile information held by Gray Dawes
- Medical history (including relevant pre existing health conditions, blood type, any medications, allergies)
- Traveller’s exposure to people at risk
- What are traveller concerns pre trip and how can these be mitigated?
- Training on how and when to access support
- Self assessment
- Pre book all forms of travel
- Download TMC App for notifications
- Print tickets and luggage tags
- Print Emergency contact and process information
- Notify next of kin of travel plans
- Local and destination travel regulations
- Does the traveller have any symptoms?
- Masks, Wipes, Hand Sanitiser (100ml), Gloves, Themeteor, Pen, Cashless Payment
- Book door to door, avoiding crowding and ride sharing
- Avoid hand luggage
- Prepare to show address and reasons for travel
- Is there quarantine/air bridges, do you need health certification, download contract tracing apps, arrive times at airports
- Employee Duty of Loyalty
- Employee adheres to usage of preferred suppliers
Maintains 2m distance
Washes hands / uses hand sanitiser frequently
Avoids crowded areas
- What happens in an emergency?
- Who to contact for emergency services?
- How is the company and family informed?
- Where to quarantine?
- What does insurance cover?
- Reparation procedures?
- Survey traveller experience Survey traveller experience Update procedures based on traveller feedback and regulations
- Send post trip survey and distribute to all travellers
- Include questions whether pre trip information was satisfactory, whether suppliers and offices during the trip met expectations, on any emergency services used?