Pre-TripWhat you need to know before you travel
For international travel, you may be required to take a COVID-19 test with a provider of your choice. To make this process easier, SkyTeam have partnered with TrustAssure™ to give you a map of testing providers near you.
The online resource asks you to submit your home town or city in a simple form. You can then apply filters based on distance, processing time, and the type of test you need. To make an appointment with a provider, either call or visit their website by tapping / clicking the contact info under each listing.
TrustAssure™ is actively working with testing providers to reflect the latest test results turnaround time, however, we strongly advise you to confirm this information and the test type when making your appointment.
Before Leaving Home
- Check if you have any coronavirus symptoms (a continuous cough, temperature over 37.8ºC, a loss or change in your sense of taste and smell).
- Ensure your company has adequate and active travel insurance; given the current situation, some insurers are changing the terms of their cover depending on your travel destination and the COVID-19 measures in place there. Check with our Destination tool for the most up-to-date status.
- Check your company’s travel policy, which may well have been revised since you last travelled. And ensure you’re adhering to all risk assessment. Take a look at our Managing Traveller Risk article for more help.
- If you’re flying, check with the airport websites (both departure and arrival) whether a health certificate is required, confirming a negative COVID-19 test result. Tests are issued no more than 72 hours prior to departure.
- Also check the local airport and government websites for other requirements, such as mandated wearing of face masks. Use our Destination Status tool to help you.
PPE and Packing
- Hand sanitiser – 150ml is a safe volume, though some airports are allowing more.
- Face masks – as a guide, these can effectively last for up to 4 hours, so make sure you have enough for the duration of your trip.
- Gloves – two pairs.
- Hygiene wipes.
- Thermometer – to check your temperature prior to your return trip.
- Keep luggage to a minimum, so it’s easier to move around while observing social distancing regulations.
From 8 March 2021, all international travellers MUST complete a new mandatory declaration form – please click the button below to access:
At the Airport
- Aim to spend as little time in the airport as possible, so arrive no earlier than 3 hours before a long haul flight, or 2 hours before a short haul flight.
- Airport arrival times vary across the world, so check the destination airport website for the latest information.
- Check terminal information as some terminals may be closed.
- We advise you to eat before travelling as airport and on-board food facilities are likely to be closed or very limited.
- Avoid connecting flights where possible. Any connections which require an overnight stay are likely to be subject to quarantine laws of that country.
For When You Arrive
- Pre-book all hotel and ground transportation.
- Avoid public transport if at all possible.
- Use our Destination Status checker for border information and entry requirements of international visitors.
- Check with your travel insurer to make sure you’re covered for your journey.