Post-TripWhat you need to consider for after you've travelled
On Monday 15 February new travel measures will come into force. Health Secretary, Matt Hancock, has announced that any UK residents returning from the 33 red list countries will need to quarantine in an assigned hotel for ten days and “pay for a quarantine package costing £1,750 for an individual travelling alone which includes the hotel, transport and testing.”
The booking system to enable this will go live on Thursday 11 February, when the Government will also publish the full guidance.
Other new measures announced by the Health Secretary include all arrivals into the UK from Monday Monday 15 February will now have to take a coronavirus test on days two and eight after their arrival, as well as provide a negative test within 72 hours before travelling.
- Before returning to the UK, you MUST complete a Passenger Arrival Form online. This means BEFORE you arrive in the UK from any country.
This includes if you’re travelling from a country or territory where you do not have to self-isolate when you arrive in the UK. You must complete this form even if you’ve already completed a different form to enter another country.If you do not complete the form before you arrive in the UK, it might take you longer to enter the UK.
You cannot submit the form until 48 hours before you’re due to arrive in the UK.
- Click HERE for all the details you’ll need to complete the form and to submit it online.
Get Home Safely
- The UK government’s quarantine measures, with regards to self-isolation periods when arriving in the UK from abroad, are unique to specific countries and vary in accordance to the latest COVID-19 R Levels in each country. Please ensure that you keep up-to-date with the latest FCO guidance and use our Designation Status Trackers to check the country current situation for your trip.
- Let us know how your trip went.
- Make yourself a cup of tea and look forward to your next business trip!