In-TripWhat you need to know about how you'll be travelling
- We advise that you use your personal vehicle or a hire car when travelling to the airport or train statin. Avoid using public transport or car sharing.
- Park in short stay carparks to be as close to terminals as possible.
- Most airport shuttle services are closed, so be prepared to walk or take a taxi.
- If you’re travelling by train, pre-book seat reservations and wear PPE.
At The Airport
- No visitors are allowed in the airport, except for mobility assistance.
- Wear a face mask on arrival and wash your hands.
- Check and obey signs for social distancing rules.
- Transit facilities are likely to be closed at most airports, so pre-arrange mobility assistance if required.
- Self baggage drop where possible and keep luggage to a minimum.
- Lounges are likely to be closed, so don’t expect to have these facilities on offer.
- Travellers displaying coronavirus symptoms may be refused entry to the airport and be taken to a local hospital for testing. This is a particularly prominent measure in Asia. Such travellers may be required to return home.
- Be prepared to provide proof of address at your destination and reasons for travel.
On the Plane
- Limit your movement around the cabin.
- The First Class cabin is likely to be closed and may be used for quarantine.
- There will be no Duty Free.
- Wear your face mask at all times.
- There will be no food served on short haul flights. Long haul flights will have a cold food menu only.
- Fill in your Traveller Locator form.
- Report any symptoms to staff to be quarantined in flight and upon arrival.
- Wear your face mask.
- Be prepared to download the local track & trace app on your mobile phone.
- Any meet & greet will be asked to wait outside the airport.
- Provide documentation for your destination – accommodation and work locations and dates.
- Follow signs for ground transportation, observing social distancing rules.
- Report any symptoms of coronavirus; you will be required to self-isolate at your pre-booked accommodation or at the nationally organised facility.
- From 8 June 2020, the UK government’s quarantine measures do not allow the transfer of international flights between London Heathrow and Gatwick or vice versa.
- If you are catching a connecting flight, stay airside and go straight through Flight Connections.
In the Hotel
- Check in online and collect your room key from the designated box.
- Wear your face mask in public spaces.
- Order room service; this is likely to be pre-packaged cold food, which will be left outside your door.
- Hotel fitness, spa and conference facilities are likely to be closed.
- If you’re feeling unwell, report any symptoms immediately. You will be required to self-isolate in your room and will receive room service only.
- Before returning to the UK, you MUST complete a Passenger Arrival Form online. This means BEFORE you arrive in the UK from any country.
This includes if you’re travelling from a country or territory where you do not have to self-isolate when you arrive in the UK. You must complete this form even if you’ve already completed a different form to enter another country.If you do not complete the form before you arrive in the UK, it might take you longer to enter the UK.
You cannot submit the form until 48 hours before you’re due to arrive in the UK.
- Click HERE for all the details you’ll need to complete the form and to submit it online.