In-TripWhat you need to know about how you'll be travelling
From 8 March 2021, all international travellers MUST complete a new mandatory declaration form – please click the button opposite to access:
- We advise that you use your personal vehicle or a hire car when travelling to the airport or train statin. Avoid using public transport or car sharing.
- Park in short stay carparks to be as close to terminals as possible.
- Most airport shuttle services are closed, so be prepared to walk or take a taxi.
- If you’re travelling by train, pre-book seat reservations and wear PPE.
At The Airport
- No visitors are allowed in the airport, except for mobility assistance.
- Wear a face mask on arrival and wash your hands.
- Check and obey signs for social distancing rules.
- Transit facilities are likely to be closed at most airports, so pre-arrange mobility assistance if required.
- Self baggage drop where possible and keep luggage to a minimum.
- Lounges are likely to be closed, so don’t expect to have these facilities on offer.
- Travellers displaying coronavirus symptoms may be refused entry to the airport and be taken to a local hospital for testing. This is a particularly prominent measure in Asia. Such travellers may be required to return home.
- Be prepared to provide proof of address at your destination and reasons for travel.
On the Plane
- Limit your movement around the cabin.
- The First Class cabin is likely to be closed and may be used for quarantine.
- There will be no Duty Free.
- Wear your face mask at all times.
- There will be no food served on short haul flights. Long haul flights will have a cold food menu only.
- Fill in your Traveller Locator form.
- Report any symptoms to staff to be quarantined in flight and upon arrival.
- Wear your face mask.
- Be prepared to download the local track & trace app on your mobile phone.
- Any meet & greet will be asked to wait outside the airport.
- Provide documentation for your destination – accommodation and work locations and dates.
- Follow signs for ground transportation, observing social distancing rules.
- Report any symptoms of coronavirus; you will be required to self-isolate at your pre-booked accommodation or at the nationally organised facility.
- From 8 June 2020, the UK government’s quarantine measures do not allow the transfer of international flights between London Heathrow and Gatwick or vice versa.
- If you are catching a connecting flight, stay airside and go straight through Flight Connections.
In the Hotel
- Check in online and collect your room key from the designated box.
- Wear your face mask in public spaces.
- Order room service; this is likely to be pre-packaged cold food, which will be left outside your door.
- Hotel fitness, spa and conference facilities are likely to be closed.
- If you’re feeling unwell, report any symptoms immediately. You will be required to self-isolate in your room and will receive room service only.